While the weather outside is frightful, your style can still be delightful. This winter, don’t sacrifice warmth or style — just follow these tips and tricks on how to best care for winter fabrics, so you can leave the house feeling warm, cozy and fashionable.
* Stay warm in winter wools. Soften rough fabrics by washing clothes with Ultra Downy Free & Sensitive, a liquid fabric softener that is free of dyes and perfumes and provides outstanding softening and cleaning;
* Don’t get bent out of shape. Woolen fabrics will hold their shape best if laid flat to dry;
* Turn out those pockets. Be sure to clean your winter jacket pockets of tissues and lip balm before loading into the washing machine;
* Never neglect your accessories. Mittens, hats and scarves need to be washed just as often as our other clothing;
* Keep fleece fluffy. Wash fleece clothing inside-out and machine-dry on low to keep it soft and prevent pilling;
* Check it twice: Be sure to consult laundry care labels on all clothing, remember — different fabrics need different care.
More laundry tips and tricks can be found online at www.tide.ca.